- When the engine has cooled, look at the radiator
- Open the radiator cap and look inside the
- If the radiator is empty, fill with antifreeze
or water, and close the cap. Overheating can be caused by a
variety of circumstances.
- Flush the radiator if it is not empty but
the water is rusty. You may need a new radiator if that does
not correct the problem.
- If it is leaking, flush the radiator and
treat with a commercial radiator sealant. You may need a new
radiator if this does not correct the problem.
- Look at both the lower and upper radiator
hoses located at the top and bottom of the radiator on the
backside and held by hose clamps.
- Make sure the hoses are securely clamped
to the radiator and are not leaking.
- See a mechanic if the car is still overheating.